Robert A. Epstein
As a member of the firm's Family Law Practice, Robert represents clients in all stages of family law litigation and his practice involves all aspects of family law, including:
- equitable distribution
- marital agreements
- domestic violence actions
Robert's reported cases include:
- Parish v. Parish, 412 N.J. Super. 39 (App. Div. 2010) (establishing new rules and procedures before a court can impose conditions upon filing motions in a family part case)
- Barr v. Barr, 418 N.J. Super. 18 (App. Div. 2011) (addressing the equitable distribution of a pension in the context of post-judgment employment efforts)
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Using his experience and industry knowledge in other outlets, Robert serves as an Associate Editor for the New Jersey Family Lawyer.
Robert is a regular contributor to Pazoo.com, a health and wellness website, on issues pertaining to family law, divorce and custody.
Since 2009, Robert has volunteered with the Battered Women's Legal Advocacy Project, representing victims of domestic violence.
New Jersey Divorce App
For those simply contemplating separation or already in the midst of divorce proceedings in the Garden State, the useful tools included in Fox’s New Jersey Divorce App can answer questions, offer insight into aspects of the divorce process that may have been overlooked and provide users with resources they may not have known were available.
The app is currently available for free in the iTunes Store. To download it, click here.
New Jersey Family Legal Blog
Robert also contributes to the New Jersey Family Legal Blog (http://njfamilylaw.foxrothschild.com/). This blog provides practical information and useful tips related to such topics as alimony, child support, custody, parenting time, divorce, equitable distribution, prenuptial agreements, domestic violence, and grandparent visitation. This blog is an excellent resource for individuals with New Jersey specific family law questions and advisors whose clients may encounter family law issues.
Honors and Awards
• ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor and Employment Law
• Research & Symposium Editor, Journal of Legal Commentary
, St. John's University School of Law. As editor, Robert organized a symposium entitled, "Federalism Past, Federalism Future: A Constitutional Law Symposium."
• Selected as a "New Jersey Rising Star" by New Jersey Monthly Magazine
and Law & Politics Magazine
(2010 through 2013)