Jeffrey S. Kravitz
Los Angeles, CA
Named as one of the leading intellectual property, trademark, copyright and trade secrets attorneys in California by Chambers USA, Jeff focuses his practice on business and intellectual property, entertainment and technology disputes.
Jeff has significant experience with copyright, trademark and unfair competition matters, as well as media, libel and trade secret law and partnership breakups or "business divorces."
Jeff also represents clients in the entertainment industry, including production companies, studios and individuals with their litigation needs, particularly concerning copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, sexual harassment and provides business counseling related to their intellectual property.
Additionally, Jeff represents online technology companies and emerging startups in litigation matters and counsels companies as they seek to protect their intellectual property.
Jeff's recent matters include:
- Representation in a partnership dispute involving property in the greater Los Angeles area
- Representation of a major studio against sexual harassment charges
- Representation of a trustee in a commercial case in which putative buyer sought specific performance of sale of property
- Representation of broadcasters in numerous disputed claims of copyright infringement and invasion of privacy
- Representation of a cable network in breach of copyright matter brought by competing producer regarding a television special on African-American military regiment
- Representation of a major television network in series of lawsuits designed to prevent airing of television specials revealing magic tricks
- Representation of a bicycle company in a case against a competing exercise equipment company
- Representation of a Canadian broadcaster against several copyright claims brought by a producer
- Representation in a breach of copyright case involving design patterns
Jeff also has more than 20 years of experience handling insurance coverage disputes and has taken coverage and bad faith cases to verdict and appeal.
Jeff's leadership roles within the firm include:
- Office Managing Partner, Los Angeles office (2008-2013)
- Co-chair, Media, Defamation & Privacy Law Practice
- Member, Executive Committee (2008-2013)
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Jeff was a partner in the intellectual property and entertainment practices for a national law firm in Los Angeles. He also served as Deputy Attorney General for the State of California.
Beyond Fox RothschildJeff is a member of the Board of Advisors and former outside counsel for the National Sports Marketing Network. He served as a moderator for the Loyola Entertainment Law Review publication, "Legal Implication of Podcasting." He is also a former board member of the Westside Congregation (Kehillat Ma’arav).
Client ResourcesSports Law Scoreboard
Jeff is a dedicated sports fan and practicing attorney who highlights current news in sports and discusses the associated legal implications in the firm's Sports Law Scoreboard blog (http://sportslaw.foxrothschild.com/
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in “Who’s Who Legal” in the area of Sports & Entertainment Law (2014)
- Named as one of the leading intellectual property, trademark, copyright & trade secrets attorneys in California, Chambers USA (2010, 2011 and 2012)
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV Preeminent" rated
- Included in a list of "Super Lawyers" in the field of Intellectual Property by Super Lawyers Magazine (Corporate Counsel Edition) (2009 and 2010)
- Included in a list of Los Angeles & San Francisco Daily Journal Top 10 Entertainment IP Lawyers (2008)
- Included in a list of Southern California "Super Lawyers" in the field of Intellectual Property (every year since 2003)
- Included in “Super Lawyers Business Edition” in the area of Intellectual Property (2013)
- Included in a list of "Angelenos to Know in Intellectual Property Law" by the Los Angeles Business Journal (2012)